Monday, March 24, 2014

Hindi and Hinduism

Taking a course at SUNY Stony Brook on Hinduism.  Luckily, I am able to audit as an adult learner, but the reading list is the same, no matter what.  I don't take exams or do a paper, so it is all good except for the time committment; three mornings a week a 9:00 AM.  Yikes!

I was inspired to take it  by my Hindi teacher who has been giving me private lessons since October., and who is the instructor for the class. I met him by chance at a yoga class.  Little by little, learning Hindi is taking place.  My disinclination to study does get in the way, compounded by the time spent on the Hinduism class.  The answer to the question "Is it worth it?" has yet to be answered. I would  like to be able to participate in simple conversation and know what is going on around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment