Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Most Propitious Meeting

Yesterday Arvind Vora of the Dialogue Committee of the Long Island Council of Churches hosted a luncheon for members and their guests.  The occasion was a visit from Swami Nikhileswarananda on his way home to Gujarat from Oregon.  He spoke about the teachings of Swami Vivekananda; the existence of God within all people and the role of religion in human affairs towards promoting peace.
His words struck a chord in me and I felt I was in the presence of Truth.  Actually, there were two Swamis present:  the other I had met when the Committee visited the Hindu Mandir in Flushing, NY.
Swami Balgopal is associated with Ashrams in Kalimpong and Darjeeling.  So we are invited to visit ashrams in those two places, which I love, in addition to the hospitality house in Gujarat.  Margaret and I will have to take a separate trip to all the places we can't fit into our regular tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment