Friday, September 25, 2009

Telling the Story

My India journey started a long time ago when my grandfather, Albert G. McGaw, was sent to India as a missionary of the Presbyterian Church. His story is told in personal journals and letters to the Mission Board. He and his wife Ella raised a family in Etah, a village in Uttar Pradesh, while caring for the people around them. Their youngest child, Sarah Elizabeth, was my mother. To her India was "home" and it is from her that my interest was raised.

There is much to tell about those early missionaries, and how their love has transformed lives of people today. There is the story of my daughter's experience in India and how that led to more meaningful involvement for me, my family and friends. And there is the story of a trip that has yet to unfold.

The best way to learn is through doing and this blogging business is no different, surely it will get easier and better in the weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment